FESS and Septoplasty Post-operative careMarch 2, 2018
Tympanoplasty Post-operative care
The procedure is performed to repair a hole in the eardrum and improve the hearing. After the operation a bandage or dressing is applied which has to be removed according to my instructions.
- No water should enter the ear.
- Do not blow the nose excessively.
- Limit physical activities, normal exercise after 2 weeks and contact sport after 1 month.
- Finish all medicine as prescribed, antibiotics, anti-inflammatories and sometimes medicine for nausea.
- Please contact me in case of:
– Severe pain
- If the hearing suddenly drops it is an emergency and I need to know.
- Follow up between 7 and 10 days should be arranged for removal of sutures and cleaning of the ear canal. Further follow up will be discussed depending on each individual.
- It is important to have an audiogram after 3 months.